What is it?
A crown is a protective shell made for a tooth to help strengthen it.
It can also be used to improve the appearance.
It can be made of several different materials including
- Zirconia (also a white material)
- Or a combination of metal core with porcelain covering the parts that are visible
Is it painful?
No the whole procedure is done under local anaesthetic and should be completely painless throughout.
Will you drill my tooth down to a peg?
No, though we do need to do some preparation. Because we use very highly skilled technicians not available with NHS treatments we can prepare the tooth to a minimal extent as we know that the technicians doing our crown work to a very fine margin.
Is it expensive?
Although a crown may seem costly they can be a wise investment that will give many years of good service. It will also improve your appearance and bite. A crown uses the considerable skill of the dentist and technician, and in this way, it’s similar to ordering a piece of hand-made jewelry.
- Our pricing is always transparent
- Your comfort is our main concern
- We use the best technicians so that the crown has good longevity